Saturday, February 23, 2008

I DON’T WANT TO LEAVE THOSE DAYS

My mind keeps drifting back

To the things we used to do

Like keeping our love exciting

Always finding something new

I think about our weekends

And our little get aways

No matter how I try

I don’t want to leave those days.

Every time I turn a corner

There’s always something there

To remind me of the way I feel

And everything we shared.

The memories haunt me daily

From the moment that I wake

All I do is think about you

Sometimes more than I can take

I feel this burning pain

It brings me to my knees

I don’t know how to let you go

When I cling to memories.

Everything I think of

Includes you in some way

I try so hard to forget it

But it happens every day.

I don’t know how to go on

Without the man I love so much

I miss his every spoken word

I miss his every touch.

I know that I can’t hold on

But still I can’t let go

It kills me every single night

I love you more than you could know.

Every song played is about you

Everyday I see your face

I miss you so much it hurts

I feel so helpless in this place.

No comments: