Saturday, February 23, 2008

I’ll pack your things up in a box….

I'll pack your things up in a box

And today put you away.

I won't bother with a long goodbye

Because there's nothing left to say

There are no arms to comfort me

And there's nothing to believe

What I thought was love wasn't

Or else you wouldn't leave.

I've sat here and I've wondered

Why it matters not to you

I guess it really wasn't love

Or this would be something you can't do.

Just once I wish it was reversed

That it was you who wanted me

Because I know I'd change my mind

If you were holding on to me.

I'd tell you I can't leave you,

And if I go I need you to come

But those aren't the words you said to me

It simply was "you aren't the one".

You said I taught you how to love

Well I've failed you if that's true

Because love isn't something you can quit

It's something you can't help but do.

You say that this is best for us

How on earth can I agree

When the only thing I want

Is you standing next to me.

So now I know I was mistaken

God how it hurts to know it's true

So I'll pack your things up in the box

With my love and dreams of you.

No comments: