Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fairy Tales....

I grew up believing

That fairy tales came true

I thought I'd have a happy ending

the day that I found you.

You strode into my life

You seemed just like a king

The heavens opened up

and the birds began to sing.

A rainbow graced the sky

and the clouds were chased away

The sun began to shine

On that glorious summer day.

I looked in your eyes

and I knew right then and there

There was no other man

who ever could compare.

You slayed all my dragons

You were there to rescue me

A princess drowning in the waves

of a dark tormented sea.

You raised your banner high

and I went running to your arms

Where I could feel the warmth of love

and be safe from the world's harm.

I gave you all my heart

But I guess you needed more

Cause I'm drowning in the sea

Just as I was before.

There are no happy endings

Because there is no you

And now I know that fairy tales

are too good to be true.

No comments: